Wednesday, August 12

What I'm Not Thinking About...

I'm not thinking of lights or having sex. What the facial expressions are of those behind me. If those flies have been the kitchen today. What the Neurobiology Of We conference would be like if We were all naked. If mud was involved. What the wind is saying outside. Where Tara is right at this peculiar moment. How small my hands are compared to Arne's. What the Lahu womyn are doing today. Markets in Thailand. My skeletal system. I'm not thinking about the potential relationship my mother and I could have, if only...

The gyres full of plastic. The war zones of Detroit, Oakland, Philly. Tenaciousness. I'm not thinking about my fear of being hacked up while camping. Or brother Joey's accord. What it felt like to wear a dress. Dreams last night. Sex. I'm not thinking about sex. Or homeland security. Or abortion. Ice skating. I'm not thinking about my baby toes or my torn tendon. I'm not thinking about Obama's day. Or his schedule. Or his true nature. I'm not thinking about Kombucha. Grass blowing at the Catholic Church on Salmon and 41st. Julia. I'm not thinking about Nichole or taking her up the highest point in Portland. Arne. I'm not thinking about patriarchy. Rape culture. Male/female binary. How much I admire Natalie and Roshi's work. How much I'd like to feel another planet under my feet, or the moon.

I'm not thinking about racism. New Orleans. New York. Buffalo. I'm not thinking about witch camp. Zafu's. Being naked next to a cis-gendered man. I'm not thinking about my mother. Or the temple outside this zendo. Wafa. Palestine. I'm not thinking about rubbish, plastic, waste. Accumulating more and more shit. I'm not thinking about cutting hair. People's smells. Being short. Being on edge. Women's centers. I'm not thinking about what I'll do tonight. Who I'll write next. How I'll sleep or when I'll next shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment