Sunday, May 22

Sublime Truth

Sipping internal bouts of trust
full of promise
of less and less from the outside
I noticed the grass grows tall enough to hide
from the prestige inside

Just then
walking thru the atomic mists of time


came the end of land
it was there that I heard a voice say "there's an ocean just waiting to be touched"
and now the lingering taste of salt on upon my lips
from my nude expose
still satisfies any craving for more

Some irony that all this comes on the very same day some said the world would end
oh wait...
maybe it did

Nonetheless, here comes a coal colored fire escape that is accessible from the slanted city sidewalk
climbing up now
closer to the sky and those unseen stars that hide behind clouds
I can imagine them as I sit on this rooftop of high

Just expansion. I'd be willing to bet they only feel truth.
Who am I to understand these associations?


Still
here I am, overlooking divine providence
aglow, from some superimposed radiance

And yet, I can see myself reflected in this post industrial steel
a little rust here
some worn copper there
city lights

tears
horns
gentrification taking a stroll with antiquity
an aeon overlooking it all
I even see the remnants of lovemaking held in the hands of the poise passing by

I wonder when I'll meet mine...

But for now, I'll remained floored, because All of this
is within my precious view
so much ado
so much to do
so much to undo
not do
overdue
beyond you

Yes, there resides something we still don't know

Like how to properly end a poem...