Thursday, November 3

Moss and Death

Birkenau has moss. I love moss. and trees. I love trees.

Today I joined the Jewish religious service. I figured it would be good to try something different. It wasn't that different.

We chanted and prayed outside one of the crematoriums. We connected with the spirits of this land, the divine. And as we sang in tones - not words - I began to connect with the souls still here. We had a conversation and by the end some were following the light.

I asked them to join us and bring with them the wisdom of their lives, their deaths. I carried the tones of our desperation from our people here, the people here on this planet. I pleaded for them to guide us...to show us the way to never all this again.

And now here I sit
under the aspen and oak asking them to show us the way towards liberation.

and just as this leaf falls next to one in partial decay, I notice the moss once again, sprouting forth